Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beauty Girl's Secrets: Week 5: Frizz Free Hair

Here's one you may not have thought of although it makes perfect sense if you think about it. Well-conditioned hair is frizz free hair. *Cut to me shaking my head disapprovingly at the mirror* My hair isn't, and probably never could be considering it's current condition, well hydrated. Load up on conditioner and I end up a greasy mess before my next shampoo, skip it and my hair is so dry that horses might just start feeding on it. Through trial and error I've come to the realization that leave in conditioner is my friend. Let me rephrase that lightweight, spray on, leave in conditioner or hair oils, not necessarily leave in creams, at least not the ones I've tried, are my best friends.

Here's how it works. Towel dry your hair and comb through the tangles as quickly as possible so there is no previous drying time. Spray on or scrunch in leave in conditioner and leave the hair alone. Do not touch it. Do not rest your head on the car seat. Do not put on a pullover. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. The conditioners will sit on top of the hair and in my experience leave you significantly more frizz free, not to mention completely conditioned.

Of course, this always works best when you apply another product such as the original John Freida Frizz-Ease and it's big sister counterpart Living Proof No Frizz. Both work wonders for my hair and keep it on it's best behavior. If you're going to go this route you will have to wash your hair more often so invest in a good hydrating shampoo and conditioner and I suggest you add a leave-in to your nightly routine, just make sure to change your pillowcase often as to avoid breakouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment