Thursday, April 28, 2011

Maria Menounos: The Everygirl's Guide to Life


Finally, a self-help book I actually want to get my hands on; Maria Menounos’ The Everygirl’s Guide to Life. It’s not that I have a problem with self-help books I just find them to be a one size fits all answer to very complex and personal issues. Maria doesn’t claim to be an expert, she’s just everygirl, the girl at the coffee shop, the crazy chick running down the street in the middle of the night to squeeze in a few minutes of cardio, the woman who works at your local Wal-mart. How can you not respect her for thinking she's the everygirl? The girl is gorgeous, successful, richer than I'll ever be and apparently super organized and neat to boot. Sigh!

Maria's been on my radar for years. Before she took over Hollywood and ended up on the red carpet all the time she was the sweet girl from Boston on Channel 1. Does anyone else have fond memories of sitting in homeroom in high school watching this "show" aimed at high school students? I do. Every single day we'd watch her talk about current events, hot topics, all the stuff you needed to know presented in a way young people are actually going to listen to. I wonder if they still have it. Needless to say, Maria's come a long way since then, including a stint on my favorite TV show, One Tree Hill. Remember that?

I have to see what she shares with me in this book about fashion and beauty, finance and travel, health and fitness and just ways to live an organized, saner, easier-to-manage life. Can I tell you how bummed I am that my local Border's doesn't carry it? I'm so confident in the reviews and celebrity testimonials that I'm ready to place my order online, sight unseen, just crazy for me. But, come on, if Kim Kardashian, Tori Spelling and Heidi Klum love it how could I not?

Have you read this book? Tell me all about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment