Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir


If you haven't seen it already head over here to see the gorgeous "movie" advertisement for this fragrance. It's so beautiful I almost can't resist buying a bottle. Starring Kirsten Dunst and a lion (yes, really!) it's absolutely a feast for the eyes.

Speaking of Bvlgari (or Bulgari depending on your location) and feast for the eyes, I have to have these sunglasses. While we're at it let's add this necklace. A girl can never have too many emeralds, besides, it is my birthstone.

On the fragrance note (haha, see what I did there?) Jasmin Noir reminds me exactly of an old Avon perfume my grandmother wore. It's a very sophisticated scent, heady and powerful, you're not going to be missed if you're wearing this. That said, I can't see anyone under the age of 40 wearing it. Julianne Moore, the brands other spokesmodel would be wonderful in that ad.

This incarnation, Mon Jasmin Noir, is slightly less powerful and fruitier so watch out if you're looking for something new, they aren't that different. The only slightly different name I'm sure will make for plenty of goofs at the perfume counter, so watch out for that too. I've seen comparisons to Estee Lauder's Sensous Noir (which I loved) and Armani Idole d'Armani (which I also liked, tentatively). Neither of those scents, and therefore Mon Jasmin Noir, really seem like they would work in the summer, maybe for night but definitely too heavy for day. The notes are "lily of the valley, Sambac jasmine, musky nougatine and vibrant woods," but I'm not one to really pay attention to that. Even if a fragrance has nearly identical notes it can smell completely different from another with the same notes. Here's a more in depth breakdown. "Top notes: citruses, lily of the valley. Heart: various kinds of jasmine. Base: nougat, Virginia cedar, patchouli and musk." I'm directly quoting the folks at Bvlgari here as to not have any information lost in translation.

What do you think, worth checking out? Isn't the video lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment