Monday, April 25, 2011

MAC Supreme Sheen and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine

My collection of lipglosses has gotten out of control, I have over 200, I literally counted them out one day and came up with 180-something. That was before a huge Victoria's Secret haul (my favorite) and not counting the glosses in my purses around the house. It's pretty safe to say that I'll never have to buy another one as long as I live and if they'd stay fresh for the rest of my life I probably wouldn't.

That brings me to MAC's Supreme Sheen Lipsticks and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks. What? I never said I wouldn't cheat on my collection with a lipstick. Truth be told I'm not much of a lipstick girl, short of my wedding day (and that was under gloss) I haven't really worn it too much. That's what makes these lippies so great, the slippery texture and glossy finish. Seriously, with more color than my normally sheer gloss I can have a grown up lipstick in my bag and a great feeling product on my lips. It always looks more chic to pull out a lipstick than a gloss, right? Just remember not to keep these skinny lipsticks in your car this summer. I made that mistake once and it wasn't pretty. What lipstick I didn't wear on my clothes I ended up burning my lips with when I tried to slick on a fresh coat.

Let's start with MAC shall we? I've seen swatches and they're gorgeous, just sheer enough to be wearable in spring and summer and still look substantial enough to carry you through into fall and (UGH!) winter. Peachy Gotta Dash! and warm pink Full Speed call to me in particular. Which ones are you going to pick up?

Then there's Chanel, the only Chanel I'll ever be able to afford unfortunately. Glossimers are great glosses and if it weren't for their price tag I'd probably own more. If you're looking for something extra sheer and sweet look no further just don't expect long wear out of these, the glossy texture disappears at the same speed as a regular gloss but you'll be left with a stain like effect on your lips.

If you try either of these let me know how you like them. I'm jealous just looking at all of the swatches out there, I need one of both of these but alas, the funds are not going to work in my favor for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment