Thursday, April 14, 2011

Maybelline Pure Makeup

Do you ever have a product shoved so far to the back of your makeup drawer (do we all have drawers or is that just me?!?) that you forget all about it, even though you were IN LOVE with it when you first used it? That's how I found my new-old favorite foundation, Maybelline Pure Makeup. It's been hanging around for a while but despite the rules that tell me to toss it after x amount of time (that would be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on who you ask) I've held onto it.

Maybelline Pure Makeup has unfortunately been discontinued but what's a beauty blog without a little nostalgia? Did you use Pure Makeup back in the day? I couldn't live without it a few years back and now that my skin has decided to be dry instead of combo I find that this foundation still works for all my issues. It's made up of 50% water so a good shake was always needed to mix things up a bit and it dries down to a nice soft matte finish, perfect for those summer days I swear are coming soon. As a promise to myself I've decided to use up all of my usable products before I buy more, a promise my mother has also made and I'm sure every woman out there has made at some point. All the mascaras, foundations and powders will be used or tossed, no exceptions. In my opinion you can never have too many lipgloss, blush or eye products but I do have to pass on the ones that I don't use or want. Bring on the spring cleaning, I'd prefer going through my beauty drawers to the real chores we'll all be getting around to once the snow is finally gone.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Pure Makeup also. I used to buy many when I came to US on holidays and also was very disapointed to hear it's been discontinued... BUT for my surprise, it's been launched this week in Brazil! I could not believe... it's amazing. No other Maybelline foundation does the same Pure Makeup does for the skin.

    ReplyDelete