Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Instyle Special Edition Hair


Magazines are the second loves of my life, okay, so fourth or fifth after my husband, family and cat. They are right up there with music and makeup. I love them. InStyle has long been one of my favorites, not only because it's always the biggest one in the mailbox but because it's chock full of amazing beauty and fashion articles and tons of wonderful photographs. That's why I was so disappointed when I got the Hair Special Edition in the mail. Not only is it a measly 130 pages (a waste of paper if you ask me) and basically one big ad for John Frieda products but I loved the old InStyle makeover. Since when is hair enough? You could change your hair every day and still be the exact same person to everyone around you. I want fashion, makeup, perfume, nail polish and accessories. A girl cannot live on hairstyles alone. That said, I am in the process of a pretty big hair change myself (photos and reviews to come)!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, I found tons of great things to share with everyone, items I've tried and loved that would otherwise be forgotten about blogging-wise, a few haircare products that I have to add to my list, even some gorgeous ladies to feature on Face-Off Fridays. It's not all a loss. Of course, I'm always up for suggestions. If there is anything you'd like to see a review of on Drug of Choice, shoot me a line and I'll do my best to get it up, drugofchoicebeauty (at) yahoo (dot) com. Any features you'd like to see, any advice you need, I'm a wealth of information. It's good to know my photographic memory can still come in handy now that I've outgrown test taking.

Now, if you're still thinking about picking up InStyle Hair even after I told you not to (you bad, bad girl) may I suggest skimming it in line and hopping over to InStyle.com and using their virtual makeover tool, a much more effective and helpful aid. Here's what I came up with over there years ago when I tried it.

It's quite creepy how much I look like my mother in that second one! None of these were my inspiration for my change but you'll find that out soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment