Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Organix Penetrating Argan Oil Treatment

Have you heard of Organix? If you haven't, you're seriously missing out. They're a drugstore haircare brand with easily the best smelling products out there. I can't vouch for the scent of the new Argan Oil line but every other product I've smelled is so delicious I want to pour it in a cup and drink it.

It seems like the whole world is obsessed with Argan oil and for good reason. After trying Josie Maran's incarnation on my face I fell in love, it's perfect for my super dry skin in the winter and would make a good twice-weekly nighttime regimen during the rest of the year. However, I can't fathom spending those kind of bucks on a haircare product even though the few times I used it on my hair it immediately felt soft and looked less frizzy. Organix has come to the rescue with their Argan oil line. Not only do you have a shampoo and a conditioner but there's a treatment and an oil to bring your hair to a whole new moisturized level.

For those of you with medium to thick hair you can apply the oil to wet hair and comb through and even add a little to extra dry spots (hello! breakage areas) when hair dries. If you have fine hair or hair that tends to the oilier side of the spectrum but you still want a dose of hydration I suggest using this as a pre-shampoo treatment. Simply add it to wet or dry hair (your preference although hair will soak up more if it's dry to begin with, the shaft can only hold so much moisture) and leave it in while you continue with the rest of your in-shower activities. When it's time shampoo and condition like normal.

The whole line is paraben and sulfate free which is great news for everyone, especially those with dry or color treated hair. Even the bottle is good for the environment, made from recycled material with environmentally friendly dyes. Sounds perfect to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment