Monday, April 11, 2011

Clinique High Impact Mascara

Not impressed, Clinique, not impressed. I had high hopes for this mascara but alas, it was not meant to be. Here's the rundown.

The Good: The price of this mascara is amazing for a high end product. At only $14.50, it's significantly less than other mascaras at Sephora, although higher than drugstore prices. The black shade is actually black, quite black actually and you have the option of Black/Brown, which is the best bet for someone with light lashes, skin or hair and also for those who don't normally wear mascara and want to ease into it. This mascara definitely lived up to it's high impact name, bringing my lashes tons of volume and length.

The Bad (okay, really bad): This formula is super heavy and when using my normal 3 coats my lashes were so heavy that it gave me an instant headache and I could feel my eyes straining to stay open. If I'd never experienced this before I would have been scared but it's happened one other time when I loaded my eyes with mascara reapplying in the middle of the day. Never have I had this with just my regular application. It's uncomfortable and frankly, unacceptable in a mascara. I do not have sensitive eyes, just the other day I literally got jalapeno juice in my eye and by the time I found my eyedrops I didn't even need them anymore. This would be enough to trigger an instant headache for anyone with a sensitivity but I'm not prone to headaches either.

Overall, I can't get on board with this one for that one reason alone. I tried using less but the results weren't as good and my lashes still felt heavy and slightly crispy to the touch. If you suffer from headaches or have sensitive eyes I would avoid this mascara like the plague. If you're a one coat wonder by all means give it a try, it's affordable and easily accessible. Let me know if you have the same reaction as me. I can't be the only one, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment