Monday, April 18, 2011

CW Beauties: Monday

Today's afternoon post is proudly brought you by my obsession with teen dramas. Not only is the CW often the only channel I watch all week, but it's also my favorite. If we're not watching WWE or TNA wrestling, we're watching Supernatural, Vampire Diaries or One Tree Hill, both Matt and I. Today's post coincides with the return of 90210 and Gossip Girl from their spring hiatus. It's probably about time to hook my TV back up for some viewing. I'll admit I haven't watched either of these shows in quite some time but they were both one time favorites. I hope you can get some spring fashion and beauty inspiration from these lovely ladies.

First up, 90210 and AnnaLynne McCord.

How gorgeous does she look? I always like her best with her hair straight and this springy ponytail makes me want to rock this look all summer long.

Jessica Lowdes is so gorgeous, a total inspiration to me, a dark haired, light eyed, pale girl. Every makeup look this girl wears is gorgeous, it was so hard to pick one. So I didn't!

This picture from Imnotobsessed.com was just too gorgeous to ignore. I love the way the cobalt blue sets off her skin and eyes. But what about this? This next picture really inspires me for spring..

The bright lips, peach shimmery cheeks and silver eyes just look romantic and I'm so glad I chose this look as my inspiration for my makeup look at my Uncle Scott's wedding last weekend. Too gorgeous!

In a two-fer, Jessica Stroup and Shanae Grimes. Both are gorgeous girls and I love how they let their gorgeous skin shine through in this photo. One of the best looks for warmer months is that nearly naked face and these two pull it off flawlessly.

And, of course, who can forget the Grandaddy of them all, Gossip Girl. Even girls who are no longer girls (oops) still can't get enough of this hit show, the fashion, the beauty, the DRAMA. Four of the ladies always have our attention and there's more than enough inspiration to go around.

Even if you can't have Blake Lively's enviably long legs, or perky boobs (oh, come on, you've noticed!) you can have her cute messy updo. They're so fun in the summer. Spray a little texturizer on your hair and loosely pile it to one side as Blake did here. Whether you sport a side braid, bun or ponytail, leave the look loose and relaxed. Perfect for a day at the beach or those Memorial Day BBQs.

For my fellow rocker chicks out there, Jessica Szohr is a constant source of inspiration. Look at those smoky eyes, tousled waves and bold accessories. Picture proof that you don't need to follow the latest trends to look gorgeous. I like that she sticks by what she loves even if she does make a few fashion mistakes along the way.

Another rocker girl we can't forget about, Taylor Momsen. Taylor's band, The Pretty Reckless, are actually pretty damn good. Her music isn't pop but it doesn't fit into traditional rock 'n' roll either, much like Miss Jenny herself. I love her transitional spring attire, the requisite black liner and her cute hat. This is something us folks in the Northeast can wear during the day to keep us warm and stylish.

How can I mention Gossip Girl without the Queen B herself, Leighton Meester. Leighton is gorgeous and after seeing her in The Roommate, I'd say she has being bad down to a science. How is it that she looks so good and pure here? Maybe she's just playing Blair, the girl you want to love but for some reason just can't. Either way, I'm loving the waves, the lighter locks and her moodier makeup, again perfect for the seasonal shift.

There you have it, the best of beauty from the CW's Monday night ladies. So, I say, embrace your love for teen dramas, I won't judge ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment