Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer Style

As we get closer and closer to the summer, even if it doesn't feel like it with all this rain, I can't help but get excited for summer fashion, most of which I'd never be able to pull off or wear in my regular life. That doesn't stop me from dreaming and wishing though. Take a peek at some of the looks I loved this week.

I could never see myself wearing orange, it just isn't going to happen. Peach, yes. Orange, no! That didn't stop me from adoring these next two looks, an older picture of Zoe Saldana that I just can't get out of my head and the always beautiful Jordin Sparks totally rocking an orange dress with a peekabo black bra underneath. Beautiful. If I had a body like hers I'd be flaunting it too. As for Zoe, I just adore the belt and the ruffles that add to her thin frame.



Speaking of always beautiful, Brooklyn Decker tops my list this week with her adorable light denim-style shirt and metallic skirt. It's not a look I'd put together for myself but Brooklyn makes it look fun and feminine at the same time. Bravo! Next time I'd like to see some more summery shoes though.


Wow! I was utterly speachless when I saw Helen Mirren in this funky, should-be-too-young-yet-somehow-she-pulls-it-off look of a leopard print maxi dress and leather jacket. If I have style like this at her age (or hell, even at my age now) I'd be very proud. I love the boldness of the look even though it's completely covered up. It has me wanting a printed maxi dress pronto! Any chic, cheap options available in plus sizes you guys know of, let me know!


Black can sometimes read too funeral-ly for real life but sex it up a little and we're talking drop dead gorgeous, much like the look that knocked me off my feet when I spotted it on Gwen Stefani. Check out that awesome halter neckline. It looks like a haute couture bridal gown only black. I can't say enough great things about it, especially paired with her perennially platinum hair and dark smoldering eyes.


What about you? Any fashion looks you wish you could afford pull off like these ladies do? Honestly, I find myself more drawn to the looks I probably would never wear than the ones I could easily see myself strutting down the street in if I were about 10 sizes smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment