Friday, May 27, 2011

Face-Off Friday: Cannes Film Festival

I told you I had some great ideas for Face-off Friday but the truth is there were too many possibilities to ever narrow it down. Here are a few of the women who showed up so many times in my Cannes research that I had to feature them here today. Take a look and let me know your faves (mine are the last image of each lady)!

Uma Thurman is usually, how do I put this nicely, a little fashion challenged. I mean, I can't blame her, she's tall and although she's in great shape I'm not sure she knows how to flaunt it. That all changed at Cannes. You won't believe your eyes. I'm not sure you'll be able to narrow it down.





It was so hard to tear my eyes away from the Chopard earrings and beautiful bracelet to actually check out this gorgeous Versace dress but once I did I was in love. The feathers! The simple sweetheart neckline, Perfection! I love this look on Uma.
Rosario Dawson is another of the ladies who kept popping up in my search. I love that she takes so many fashion risks, some of which pay off and some that are, shall we say, flops! Let me know what you think of these three pics.



Judging by the event, I'm guess Rosario is wearing Calvin Klein here and I think it works perfectly on her. The simple color and design are elegant and sophisticated and the draping adds just enough visual interest to make it a knockout on the red carpet.

Then, as if out of nowhere, I'm seeing tons of pictures of Kirsten Dunst, of all people. My former roommate had the biggest crush on her although he was teased mercilessly for it. Here are three of Kirsten's looks from Cannes.



Kirsten really cleaned up well. I love the hair and makeup in this look and even though I'm not a huge fan of the sheer polkadot look I do love the neckline of this dress. Plus, standing next to that chick would make anyone look less trainwreck. Seriously!

Bar Refaeli, until a few weeks ago Leonardo DiCaprio's famous model girlfriend, completely rocked the red carpet at Cannes. When you're as gorgeous as this girl it's easy to take that for granted and just wear whatever you want. I think Bar really knows how to dress or has a really good stylist.



It was really hard to narrow down but I think Bar looks best in the floor length blue gown. It showcases her body subtly and is just as sexy, if not more so, than her short styles.

There you have it, a very fashionable Face-off Friday. As always I welcome your opinion and can't wait to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment