Friday, May 13, 2011

Face-off Friday: Ginnifer Goodwin

It's that time again, Face-off Friday, Friday the 13th to be exact. Friday, June 13th, 2003 was one of the best days of my life (graduating from high school with my new boyfriend, now husband by my side) so don't be scared if you are superstitious. Here's a great way to start your day and the look I'll be rocking on my face to kick off what will hopefully be a great, warm weather weekend of yard sales, gardening and general outdoor goodness.

How cute is Ginnifer Goodwin at the Costume Institute Gala at the Met? I loved this look and really wanted to share it with you but I didn't want to just recount the looks to you like every other blog and media outlet was doing, I wanted to put my own personal, DOC spin on it. How much more Drug of Choice can you get than Face-off Friday?
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the spiked up pixie. Ginnifer can actually pull of this look but I doubt us mere mortals could. What I do adore however is her extremely in your face eyeshadow and otherwise subdued face. What do you think? I love it so much I'm definitely wearing it this weekend, no matter what.

In the spirit of Face-off Friday I have to show you another look, even though I can't stop staring at the first image I do love this one as well. This look is really different, the only similarity being the pale satin-finish lips. This is every bit as much about the cheeks as it is the eyes and I'm in love with the shimmery coral-peach Ginnifer is sporting. The copper cat's eye is beautiful but, to me anyway, nothing can hold a candle to the baby blue shimmer.

I think you have my answer right there. What about you? Which do you prefer?

PS How gorgeous is that necklace in the first picture? It's the perfect way to blend her gorgeous eye makeup with the look of her emerald dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment