Thursday, May 12, 2011

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions

Back in the day I was a devotee of Neutrogena Pore Refining system, the cleanser, toner and moisturizer seriously transformed my skin, too bad they don't make it any more. Ever since then I've been on the lookout for something to help me clean out my pores in a way that leaves them smaller looking than they are now.

My pores are always a mess, a smattering of blackheads line my nose and chin and they're horribly stretched out along my hairline. I should tell you that anyone who says they can shrink their pores is lying to you. You cannot shrink them, they're genetically determined, however you can make them appear smaller by cleaning out the gunk that has temporarily filled them up. How do you do this you ask? I'm glad you asked, Clinique has come up with a way to help us all with that, their new Pore Refining Solutions Serum and Perfector. Let's start with the serum.

I'm such a serum girl. I love the way it instantly sinks into my skin and the thinner consistency doesn't feel heavy on my face, even in the summer months. The "Pore Resurfacing Complex" in Clinique's Pore Refining Solutions Corrector cleans out debris and rough skin that can make pores look larger. I k now how that is. I have rough skin, it's so dry that the flaking skin is my (completely unprofessional) opinion on why I have acne. It clogs my pores. When my skin is well hydrated it's clearer. You can't even imagine how frustrating it is to see all acne medications targeted to those with oily skin, my skin hasn't been oily since my hormonal teenage years. At $39.50 for an ounce, it's pricey but if pores are a big concern for you, I'd really look into this serum.

Then, for those of you who want a quick fix for a little less buck, there's Pore Refining Solution Instant Perfector Available in three shades, for light complexions, medium complexions or clear for all complexions, this product can work for everyone. Smooth it on your face and it will minimize the look of pores for up to eight hours and is sweat proof, so enjoy that eight hours at the beach.

What do you think? Is this up your alley? Will you try it out? I'm thinking a sample is in order the next time I hit up Sephora or visit the Clinique counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment