Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sephora Sun Safety Kit

Last weekend (and I'm so far behind in my writing that it actually was last weekend) I spent the entire afternoon at an outdoor concert sans SPF (it was the Avalanche tour with Stone Sour, Theory of a Deadman, Skillet, Halestorm and Art of Dying, for those who were wondering and it was amazing, review to come tomorrow). Bad, bad girl.

Luckily, I arrived in mid-afternoon, after peak sun hours and I didn't come out as red as a lobster, just a smidge of pink on my chest and nose and freckles galore. Every year at the beginning of the season I love my freckles and come late fall I'm wishing I never got them at all. Regardless of what I use for SPF I still freckle, it's genetic and although they are closely related to age spots, I've read that they are not always the same thing and I, for one, choose to believe that theory. It wouldn't matter if I was wearing SPF 100 I would still get freckles. Alas, I'm always on the lookout for sun protection for my fair skin that doesn't irritate my eyes. Even though they aren't particularly sensitive every year I end up spending the majority of the time directly after applying my SPF with eye drops in hand clearing the residue from my burning, stinging eyes. What a waste of a beautiful day.

As usual, Sephora has come to my rescue with their Sun Safety Kit, a multitude of all the top SPF products in a range of formulas and SPF levels. First of all, I'm in love with the adorable beach tote, we all need one of those right? The one I had back in high school is now my mom's and the one I picked up last year is so huge and bright gold that it's only used on those long beach days. This little bugger is perfect for a quick trip to the beach for a post work (or workout) cooldown. There are 11 deluxe sample sized products (which reviews state are generous sized) from brands ranging from Bare Escentuals to Ole Henriksen and everything in between, a self tanner and SPF up to 100 (perfect for fair girls like me)! Try them all out and pick your favorite to purchase a full size, it's that easy. Can I just say I love these little kits and just wish I could afford every single one they come out with.

Sephora's Sun Safety Kit retails for $25, is limited edition and you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment