Tuesday, May 3, 2011

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean


Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum! *Argh* I told you there'd be more Pirates of the Caribbean talk this week. Perhaps the most exciting nail polish collection I've seen in a while, at least for me. I love me a pastel polish especially cool greens and purples and this collection is chock full of them. Then, the showstopper of the collection,a silver shatter that appeals to me on a much deeper level than the black offered with Katy Perry's collection. I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen the third Pirates movie but this collection almost makes me want to see the fourth installment. Who knows?

OPI is one of the top nail polish companies out there for a reason, long wear, easy application and lots of color choices. Their limited edition shades sell out quickly so if you have your eyes on any of these polishes you better snap them up the minute you see them. Here's a closer look and color description.

Mermaids tears- minty green creme
Stranger Tides- a grayish green, greener than Skull & Gloss Bones
Planks a Lot- bright lilac
Sparrow Me The Drama- light pink, significantly darker than Steady As She Rose
Skull & Gloss Bones- greenish leaning gray
Steady As She Rose- bridal light pink creme

What do you think? Any in particular you're going to pick up? I'm really liking the looks of Planks A Lot and Mermaids Tears, although I have a ton of mint green shades this one is a little edgier, a little darker and cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment