Tuesday, August 30, 2011

VMAs 2011: The Bad

Sometimes the bad outfits at an event are more fun to gawk at. For me bad just equals something being off. It could be the awful pattern or color of an outfit, a bad fit on an otherwise cute look or a celebrity who looks uncomfortable in their chosen outfit. Here are my picks and what put them on the list.


First up is Adele. She's super adorable and yes, she's plus sized but that doesn't mean I don't want to see her in something a little sexier. She has the most beautiful face but the potato sacks she's usually wearing do nothing for her body. I'm not saying she needs to were a Herve Leger bandage dress but something that holds her in (like a fabulous pencil skirt) would do wonders for this girl. This dress might be Burberry but that don't make it pretty.


Britney, Britney, Britney, what are we going to do with you. There is always something that ruins a Britney Spears look for me and at this years VMAs she kills it (in the bad sense of the word) with those hideous boots. Someone should have told her you do not wear calf height boots with a dress no matter how sick your legs are. It chops them in half and makes you look shorter and thicker than you are. A nice pair of ankle boots or stilettos would have made a world of difference.


Someone needs to tell Katie Holmes that she can't dress. She's not a fashionista, she's trying too hard and always falling short. The pattern on this dress is fug and again, no matter how tall you are you can't wear booties that are this high. They just look bad. These look like old school Timbs a look that went out when we ushered in 2000. I'm just glad to see she's wearing her hair long again, I much prefer it that way.


I'm usually a huge fan of Kim Kardashian's fashion sense but even I'm left wondering WTF after her choice Sunday night. In theory this gown sounds gorgeous, the sheer back, the sparkly fabric, the tight fit, I just think it's too tight in some places and not tight enough in others. The fabric looks very stretchy but frankly it doesn't give her enough support in the chest (I'm guessing that her adhesive style backless bra isn't adding enough support for her large chest). It's also not very forgiving around the "love handle" area. I love Kim's body but this dress isn't doing it any favors.


The last bad of the day goes out to Zoe Saldana. This girl is too skinny and the lowcut neckline of this dress just points that out even more. I don't like how her body is glamourized as being in shape and healthy when she's scary skinny. Personally, I'm not a fan of the lowcut neckline when there's zero cleavage to speak of, it's not sexy. I love Zoe in long gowns or flowy belted styles, they make her look thin but healthy.

What do you think? What would you put these stars in? Check back tomorrow afternoon for my personal favorite rundown, the Ugly List.

2 comments:

  1. At least something different from other fashion blogs! lol :) critics replacing praise *like*

    DaphYin
    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I hate that too. Blogs never seem to say anything bad about celebs on the red carpet. We can say something bad about their outfit choices even if we love them. I know we all have bad outfit days!

    ReplyDelete