Monday, August 8, 2011

Tarte 4 Day Lash Stain



We're nearing the end of Mascara Monday I'm afraid but I do have two more for you. Today we're checking out Tarte's 4 Day Lash Stain.

Firstly, I have to mention what a ridiculous name this is. Who in their right mind is going to wear the same dose of mascara for 4 days? Even if it did stain the lashes dark enough to forgo mascara, what would be the fun in that? I didn't notice anything that was different about this mascara that would make it a stain. I definitely had the darkening promised but I also had more volume and length, something I don't imagine getting from a product labeled a stain. I didn't find it particularly hard to remove so I'm wondering if it's meant to be left on the lashes completely for 4 days. I tried that too but didn't seem to notice a difference in my lashes come Day 2.

This product wasn't the worst I've tried but it definitely wasn't the best either. I found it to be a little clumpy and at the same time it didn't really make my lashes look volumized. I got great length from this one and I love the dark black, wet look. The brush was a little wimpy but if you're looking for just length and curl I think this one would be a good choice. It's curved and immediately adds lift to my fringe. My lashes were much more noticeable but they didn't look like falsies which is more or less the look I go for daily.

Overall, I'd say it's a mediocre product, definitely not one of my favorites. I didn't find it to be any better than drugstore brands and probably not worth the $18 price tag. Save your money and get something that costs half this much. If you're looking for a true lash stain I'd look into Hard Candy or Neutrogena, both of those would cost the same as one of these. I haven't tried either but they're a better bet than Tarte!

No comments:

Post a Comment