Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lovestruck by Vera Wang Update


A while back I showed you this beautiful promotional picture for Vera Wang Lovestruck, an ad featuring Leighton Meester. I was struck by how beautiful of an ad campaign it was and couldn't wait to do a sniff test to see if the perfume lived up to the hype. I'm happy to say that it does. Not only does this perfume smell amazing its cute packaging will make it a top shelf contender for your vanity. I think the removable flowers are a little gaudy but the bottle itself is precious and simple, whimsical but still grown up for those of us over the age of 20.

Vera Wang Lovestruck is a floral with woodsy notes, making it perfectly down to Earth but still feminine. Those are my types of scents, I love woodsy scents. I definitely detect quite a bit of fruit as well, another of my favorites. According to Sephora the notes are as follows: "Pink Guava, Mandarin, Tuberose, Lotus Blossom, Precious Woods, Sheer Musk." Although I'm not a big fan of musk, the sheered down version is completely wearable for me, adding a little bit of sophistication to the scent.

In this month's Teen Vogue there's a tiny interview with Leighton and Vera where they revealed that the ad was shot in 18 degree weather. You would never know it by looking at Leighton in her gorgeous custom Vera Wang gown.

Have you tried this one? What did you think? I'm not sure I'd wear it every day but the $48 one-ounce bottle on Sephora.com is a good deal for such a versatile fragrance. I think this is one that can transcend generations and mother and daughter could both wear it without getting strange looks from passerby.

No comments:

Post a Comment