Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mario Badescu Honey Moisturizer


I'm sure everyone has at least heard of, if not tried, Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion for acne. I've seen it, I'm a sufferer, now I just have to get around to trying it. That doesn't mean I haven't had great experiences with other products from Mario Badescu, in fact I've pretty much fallen in love with every product I've tried from him.

Mario's website is easily navigatable and designed for you to search by skin type. Being a dry, sensitive girl I knew I had to try out the honey moisturizer that popped up straight away. I love honey; the smell, the taste, the fun texture, I've even been known to put honey on my face as a hydrating mask. Those days are over! Mario Badescu Honey Moisturizer is better than plain 'ol honey could ever be. I was so impressed with the tiny sample I tried that I immediately knew it would be one of my next beauty purchases. A little bit goes a long way and I milked that sample for all it was worth.

This alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) moisturizer is packed so full of hydration I had no idea it contained AHA. I had absolutely no irritation whatsoever, not like I do when my skin even senses retinol in the air. No peeling, no redness, no stinging. It felt like putting pure cream on my face, without the greasiness. This formula absorbs in seconds and leaves my face feeling as soft as a baby's bottom. Best of all (and this is hugely important in my book) it smells divine, just like honey, a scent that quickly fades but is present none the less. It's not strong and irritating, more like a breath of fresh air.

Mario Badescu has amazing prices and this little gem will only set you back $25 and I guarantee you'll be using it for months. A tiny drop made my face feel hydrated and smooth and I'm the type of girl who likes to pile on the products.

Disclaimer: This product contains peanut oil so beware if you have a peanut allergy. Other ingredients include orange and honey extracts, yummy! It's almost good enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment