Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NARS Larger than Life Eyeliner


I'm predicting this fall to be the season of eyeliner. As a huge fan I couldn't be more excited. While I'm a big believer in the power of your typical black liner I also love me some brights. My collection is full of vibrant blues, greens and purples and the occasional gold or silver. I love the way they makes my eyes look and the way they instantly sex up any outfit. So far I've been super impressed with Urban Decay's 24/7 liners but I'm ready to branch out a little bit with the new NARS Larger than Life pencils. They're a little pricey at $23 but their long wear and incredible color payoff make it a worthy splurge.

With my green eyes I love to wear purples like Bourbon Street and coppers like the gorgeous Via Appia (a slightly copperish brown). Both colors really help my eyes stand out. According to color theory the opposite shades on the color wheel from your eye color should really make them pop. All eye colors look great in purple, I love the way blues like Abbey Road look on dark brown eyes and gold makes blue eyes sexy.

While it may not follow color theory I also happen to think eyes look great in a shade similar to their own color. For my green eyes I love wearing bright jade or fun forest like Rue De Rivoli. Blues will look lovely in Rue Saint-Honoree (a dark sapphire) or (blueish gray) Madison Avenue and brown eyes will sparkle with Via Appia. When wearing green liner I can't help but admire the way they make my eyes look even greener, ditto for wearing a bluer shade since I'm lucky enough to have green-blue eyes that change colors depending on my mood or makeup choices.

While we could all use a little more beauty sleep NARS seems to have us covered on that one as well. When you line your eyes with matte white Santa Monica BLVD (for all skintones) or Rue Bonaparte (a nude for light complexions) you instantly look more awake and alert. Lately the rims of my eyes have been redder for no particular reason and I look like I have allergies when, for the most part, I do not. I'm lusting after the pretty shimmer in Rue Bonaparte to make me look wide eyed and bushy tailed (although my peppy ponytail does that for me).

If you're the look before you buy you have to check out the swatches from Karla Sugar seen here. This girl could make me want to buy anything with her beautiful swatching.

While you're here don't forget to sign up for my giveway, a year's subscription to Cosmo. PS-How do you like the new look?

No comments:

Post a Comment