Saturday, August 13, 2011

Peter Thomas Roth Bronze Instant Mineral SPF 30

It's the weekend again thankfully! The weather has been pretty hit or miss around here lately but I'm really hoping for a nice cool weekend for me. Don't get me wrong I love the sunny weather but I'm not a fan of the beaches and parks on the weekend when they are crammed with a lot of the sketchy folks who seem to congregate there. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good day to hit my favorite beach/park/boat launch for a little final editing of my novel, Scrambled Greg! I'm so excited to be done with it and share a little bit with you!



If you are out and about today I know you wanna look your best and what better way to do that in the summer months than with a little bronzer? Bronzer and I didn't really get along in the past but now that the market has picked up for them there are a lot of choices out there for people of every skintone.

I love multitasking products and I have to say there's nothing better than SPF in makeup items, except maybe SPF products that double as beauty products. With these you know that you're going to be wearing enough to get adequate coverage unlike many added SPFs in foundation and powder products. Did you know that you'd have to use significantly more foundation just to get HALF of the UV coverage the SPF on the bottle claims. I use these products as an extra layer of protection, not my only means!

Peter Thomas Roth Bronze Instant Mineral SPF 30 is a great product to actually get your SPF requirement with. Though I haven't tried the bronzed formula I did quite enjoy Instant Mineral. It's a little pricey for me at $35 but it would be great for people who don't enjoy the feel of sunscreen on the skin or who want a little bronze with their protection.

This one comes in brush-topped container so it makes it really easy to just swipe on. In the past I've had issues with these kinds of brush applicators but I know there has been a lot of improvement in the area as more products have started using this type of topper. Just be warned! The adjustable dial means that you can up the color of the bronzer if you've faked baked recently or dial it down when you want a more subtle look.

I feel I must also mention that many people reviewing the product on Sephora.com had issues with the cover falling off. This probably isn't the best product to travel with and I know from plenty of bad experiences that I don't want to travel with loose powder period. I think that's just a matter of my personal preference since I'm a klutz but I thought you should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment