Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jergen's Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer & L'Oreal Sublime Bronze One Day Tint

Every weekend we talk about how to protect yourself from the sun but what if you want a little color? Personally I've decided to embrace the pale, frankly, no matter what I do I can't get any color on my legs and the rest of my body just freckles. I'm just as prone to bouts of wanting color as the rest of you. No matter your ethnicity it's pretty rare to find a woman (and lots of men) who don't want a little more color this time of year. I'm going to talk about two products that can help you get color the responsible way.


First up is Jergen's Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer. OMG do I love foam. There are pictures of me as a child playing with foaming soap in the bathtub, probably a dozen or so from different occasions. I still have that fascination! This product is fun and the foam is easier to spread than a lotion or gel and has a quicker dry time than other self tanner formulas. I've used Jergen's Natural Glow products with moderate success. I'm such a klutz that I can't do self-tanner without screwing it up somehow either with missed spots or stripes of excess color. Since I'm so pale many self tanners leave me orange so gradual tanners are the way to go. You build up color naturally so that you don't go from zero to Oompa Loompa in 3 hours flat, perfect for those chicas who want to fool their friends.


If you're even more pressed for time, or are an uber-klutz like me, I can't recommend L'Oreal Sublime Bronze One Day Tint enough! I previously review this product here but I love it so much I figured it was worth mentioning again. This stuff is like a miracle in a bottle for pale girls like me. It's subtle but noticeable and so easy to use once you learn the tricks. I recommend wearing gloves because this stuff sets fast and will most likely stain your palms without them. I like to add a layer of lotion to both legs and then apply a little bit of this product on top with the lotion still wet. This way it blends into legs better than it would on dry skin (trust me!) and you can easily rub in until absorbed. Voila, your legs will look lovely. Sometimes I like to add a little shimmer on top and a stripe down the center of legs is said to give the illusion that they are smaller for whatever it's worth. This product is great for any part of the body except the face but I mostly use it on my legs because they're so pale!

The best part about both of these products is that they are so inexpensive and easy to find at most mass-market stores like Walmart and Target as well as drugstores.

2 comments:

  1. When I want to get bronzed quickly, I start bronzing morning and night. I use Hawaiian Tropic in the morning - this gives me color really quickly. In the evening, I use Jergen's, which I feel helps even out my color, since it's a less severe bronzer. I'm definitely going to try the foaming version when I pick up my next bottle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great tip! I doubt anyone would belive my tan though no matter how subtle.

    ReplyDelete