Saturday, July 23, 2011

Aveeno Sun Protection

What a heatwave! I hope you get to be outside enjoying this beautiful weather with the ones you love or, like me, are at least cooped up in the AC while your other half works his butt off 6 days a week. God bless the air conditioner, I don't know how I would survive without it.

If you are outside enjoying the sunshine you're gonna need a great SPF and one of my personal favorites, along with the Coppertone I already told you about, is Aveeno. It happened by accident, I grabbed the cheapest bottle on the shelf and actually quite enjoyed it. That happy little accident was Aveeno Continuous Protection, and now I can't live without it. This stuff is the real deal, it even smells good. I'm partial to sprays but I must be careful to get every last inch of my body. It's light and the cool mist directly from the can is quite refreshing on a day like today when it's over 100 degrees.

Another huge hit this summer is Aveeno Hydrosport. Honestly, I haven't tried this one out yet but many of my favorite beauty bloggers are loving it. Check out Julia's Review on All About the Pretty and Christine at 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic. This is one you can apply to wet skin so don't worry about being completely dry before applying. I imagine it would be wonderful for those squirmy little kids and for boyfriends/husbands who can't stop throwing around a football long enough to get SPF'ed up.

Both of these are a fantastic value at under $10 anywhere beauty products are sold. They are available in both lotion and spray versions in varying levels of protection. You can't go wrong with that. I'm not willing to shell out big bucks when brands like Aveeno, Neutrogena and Coppertone make such affordable and high quality SPF products. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment