Monday, July 4, 2011

Urban Decay Cannonballs Ultra Waterproof Mascara



It's been quite some time since I've worn waterproof mascara, the way I look at it is if a mascara can't live up to my lifestyle why bother with it? There's always another mascara that can. Waterproof mascaras are a pain in the butt to remove, impossible without makeup remover and honestly, as you might already know, I'm L-A-Z-Y!

Now that it's summer and more and more days are spent on the beach I've come to understand the virtues of waterproof mascara. Who wants to sweat, rub their eyes and end up with smears across their faces? Um, not me! Thanks! If you're a swimmer, or even a wader, you're gonna want something on your lashes that isn't going to run. Personally I look naked without mascara so going without is not an option and when I heard that Urban Decay had an awesome waterproof mascara (ultra waterproof, they claim) I had to try it.

Urban Decay Cannonball is awesome! I just love the name and I think it could really live up to cannonballs. This mascara is most definitely waterproof but it doesn't make my lashes feel brittle and it came off quite easily with a makeup remover cloth, I didn't even have to bust out the big guns with oily eye makeup remover although I'm sure I would have gotten a better clean if I did.

What I love most about this mascara is that it feels just like a regular formula, not heavy and drying like most waterproof formulas are. The brush wonderfully separates the lashes but also gives a little bit of volume while still looking pretty natural for a day at the beach.

Urban Decay tested this $20 formula in the ocean as well as the gym so fear not, it's good for both. Perfect for wedding season where you know you can't hold back the tears when everyone else is sobbing. The second someone tears up I'm following close behind, I can't help it.

What about you, do you like waterproof mascaras? What's your favorite formula?

No comments:

Post a Comment