Friday, July 1, 2011

China Glaze Purple Panic (Neon) with Swatches


First of all let me just acknowledge that it's awkward to photograph your pedicure and I'm sorry for this blurry shot. That's probably half the reason why most nail polish swatches on the web are of hands. Secondly, I know some people have problems with feet so I apologize if you are one of them, since my pedicures last a heck of a lot longer than my manicures you'll have more hand swatches for your viewing pleasure.

First things first, China Glazes Purple Panic is NOT purple. That is one of my big pet peeves. I'm the girl who loves purple and although I'm embracing pink a lot more these days it's still a long way down from my top picks of purple and teal. This shade is most definitely pink, almost a bright pink fuchsia color. In the bottle I get a tad bit more purple than I get on the nail. The shade almost perfectly matches the pink on my "I love Shoes" flipflops from Payless (aren't they cute?)

As with all China Glaze polishes (my favorite by the way) the wear is wonderful, especially for the toes. I did have a tricky time getting it off however so after trying in vain to rush a polish change on my tootsies I had to rush and re-polish because I didn't have time to scrub and scrub. This could be avoided with a basecoat and/or some patience which I have in short supply.

I realize some of the colors are hard to find if they were limited edition but I'm bringing you my personal collection for now. If you're lusting after a color there's always ebay or makeupalley.com. If you don't know about Makeupalley you have to try it out. Sign up for an account, post your unwanted makeup items (used or new, preferably with pictures) and make/receive requests with other members. You pay shipping and end up with new to you makeup items. If you have any questions about makeupalley, please leave me a comment or shoot me an email drugofchoicebeauty (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment