Monday, July 25, 2011

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara

Sometimes I wonder how companies figure out ways to make things more complicated than they need to be. Who needs an extra step in their routine or something that is more complicated than other options out there? L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara is just one of those things, really. How hard is it to mascara-ize? Well, L'Oreal figured out how to make it about 20x harder. I know this isn't a new one but I thought I'd share my experiences with you anyway.

This one is all about the wand and honestly, it's hard to get past. Really, there is no way to make a mascara more complicated than this one does. This is a ball shaped wand like Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara, with tiny little spikes all over the place. Wow, talk about a violent way to do mascara. It's frightening, you can't even get close to the lashes without worrying about killing yourself via the eyeballs. Not only that but I ended up with globs of mascara in certain places and hardly any in other places. It's impossible to spread out and don't even get me started on the lack of length.

I can't even attest to the color and wearability of this product, I couldn't get past the application. It's strange to even think that something as simple as mascara can be so seriously flawed in both thought and application!

While the price is right, the only real use I could see for this would be for those with pale lashes since you can hit them from the top a lot easier than you could with a regular wand. Does anyone have any experience with this product? Are there special tricks that I'm missing? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment