Monday, July 18, 2011

China Glaze High Hopes with Swatches



Oh China Glaze, how I love thee. I've tried a lot of nail polish brands and I have to say China Glaze is my favorite by far. Not only are the colors perfect and varied but the wear is not even comparable to other brands, it's so much better. I get way more wear with China Glaze.

High Hopes is a bright pink with a slight orange leaning. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was coral but it's not a straight up pink either. As you can see from the above picture in darker lighting the orange becomes a little more noticeable. I love the way this color looks with my skin, it really brings out my pink undertones and makes me look healthy and rosy. I used to have a shirt this exact color (well, technically I still have it but it doesn't fit so well anymore) and I got so many compliments when I wore it because the color truly flattered me, same with this polish. No one ever says anything about my polish but I got a compliment on this one!

High Hopes would be a perfect pedi color year round but I love how it looks on my fingers in the summer. I got amazing wear with this one with one coat of Seche Vite. I'm the type of girl that can't even go a day without a chip and I went four with this and even when it did start to chip I wasn't left with huge missing chunks of polish like I have been lately, just small little missing pieces. It makes it so much easier to just touch up spots if you're in a hurry or not sick of your polish just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment