Friday, July 15, 2011

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Liquid Makeup


I never knew I needed skin clearing makeup until I looked in the mirror during one of the most stressful times in my life and realized, for once, that my face was completely clear. I've had breakouts my entire life. Not only does it plague me but my mother and younger brother are both acne sufferers as well. Short of Accutane (which I'm not ready to do just yet) there isn't much I can do about my genetics. Prescription gels are too harsh for my dry and sensitive skin and my skincare routine is lacking to say the least.

I thought I must have been dreaming when seemingly by chance my face just happened to look great. What was going on? I realized I'd switched my foundation, just finished up the last of my cream foundation for winter and was now using a tube I'd found in my drawer, Maybelline Pure Makeup (sadly, discontinued). This miracle tube contained salicylic acid so I'd been giving myself a daily dose of the wonder drug without even realizing. My face wasn't dry, wasn't irritated it just looked healthy and radiant.

Well, we all know how that works. You find something you love and they don't make it anymore. There are a few drugstore brands that still offer skin clearing makeup but none as great as Neutrogena. A while back I tried the line and wasn't impressed with the shade range, all were too yellow and dark for my pink-toned pale skin. Since then the line has been reformulated and lighter, more neutral shades have been added.

If you suffer from acne that's not shattering your world but you'd like to control without adding extra steps to your routine you owe it to yourself to check out this line. It even comes with a concealer and a powder so you add extra doses to clear skin faster. Sayonara, acne!

No comments:

Post a Comment