Tuesday, July 5, 2011

John Frieda Full Repair Line

You may not think about it but summer is the perfect time to revitalize your hair. Think about it, all winter long strands are suffering due to extreme cold and wind. Even if you spend next to no time outside during those months (like me) your hair still takes a beating. That's why summer is the perfect time to rehydrate and care for damaged strands.

John Frieda is a line I know and trust, what frizzy haired girl hasn't tried Frizz Ease, it's the simple, cost-effective solution to the frizz we're plagued with during the warmer months when hair sucks up humidity from the air. This line has basically single-handedly revitalized drugstore haircare. Now we're not stuck shelling out tons of bucks for healthy, shiny, manageable hair. The beautiful Karolina Kurkova in the ads doesn't hurt either.

Healthy hair starts in the shower and John Frieda Full Repair promises to repair damage to the hair quickly and effectively. Although it's targeted at overstylers (you know who you are) I'd say frequent ponys are just as much to blame. I NEVER blowdry or curl/straighten my strands but I do wear my hair in a messy bun every single day and I see intense breakage along the sides of my hair.

This line contains Inca Inchi micro oil to hydrate hair and keep it manageable without weighing it down, perfect for those with fine hair but still great for girls with thick or coarse strands.

My favorite product from the line? Innovative leave in treatment that comes with a mascara wand like applicator to apply directly to broken strands. It's even called a Flyaway Tamer, how genius! Not only is it going to help flyaways lie flat but it helps heal the problems that cause them to be frizzy in the first place. The tiny tube is perfect to bring in the car and apply on those days when you just gotta have the windows down and the music blasting. Those days do not do the best for my hair and I'm looking like Don King on a bad day.

For under $10 you can't beat this drugstore line and it's definitely worth a shot the next time you're in the market for a new haircare routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment