Friday, July 29, 2011

Face-Off Friday: Evan Rachel Wood

If you've read every post on this blog than you already know how I feel about short hair on women. I cut my hair in 8th grade and ended up with a horrible cut and haven't looked back since. Now my hair is mid-back at all times. That's not to say I don't think there are some women who look great with shorter hair, I just don't usually prefer the look. Here's a great example of someone who has worn a huge range of hair colors and styles, Evan Rachel Wood, who is now test driving a short 'do.

I loved Evan as a redhead, liked her with dark hair and thought she looked great with her natural sandy blonde hair in Thirteen. She's had so many different colors it's hard to keep up but usually it was long. I adore the classic styles she pulled off to perfection, the old school waves that were just lovely with her personal style at the time. I don't know if it was just a phase when she was dating Marilyn Manson or what but she seemed to always wear her hair in retro inspired styles. Here is one of my personal favorite, Evan Rachel with blonde hair and her trademark waves.



Then, recently, she decided to be even bolder than dating a middle aged goth rockstar and chopped off those gorgeous thick locks. I have to say the included picture was not the best one of the cut but it is an accurate one. The sides are practically shaved and the top is quite long for this style. I like that she left some of the length but I don't think her hair has enough texture to keep the style she was looking for, a kinda Halle Berry type look. I also think it would look immensely better with a different color, something more funky and less natural looking, to really give it a rebellious feel.

I think it's safe to say I'm not loving this look from Evan Rachel but I can't wait to see what she does next and how long it takes for her to be attaching extensions to that mane of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment